Update: Here are a few. The last one is what I'd like to be doing right now (Friday morning) but alas another fun filled day awaits!
The Dead Sea as viewed from Masada
The Dead Sea as viewed from the bus window! Because the water is low, a number of sink holes can be seen along the shore.
The Dead Sea again with walls in the foreground from the fortification around Herod's Palace on Masada.
The siege ramp where Roman soldiers attacked the Zealot Jews that had escaped to Masada to escape Roman capture.
The cave (known as Cave 4) at Qumran where the most significant Dead Sea Scrolls were found - not by the way by a Bedouin Shepard that threw a rock into the cave in search of a lost sheep. More on that later...
The oldest structure excavated in the "Old" city of Jericho. If I got it right, it dates back to 10,000 BC! It is part of a tower. We also saw the revetment walls that still stand in Jericho.The inner wall is what fell.
How I feel after the last few days and what I'd like to be doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment