| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | We spent the night in the small town of Mount Carmel which is between both Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. There is a great story about the history of the hotel I will add later. After church, we headed toward Zion to grab a quick breakfast before we hit the park. The scenic drive is incredible, including a drive through a tunnel that is more than a mile long. It was built in the 1930's and all I can say is wow! We thought we'd find a McDonald's, but Springdale is not that kind of town. We stopped at a quaint place just before the town ended. We sat outside and shared a table with a "local." It was pleasant enough, but we soon discovered the cook hadn't shown up that day and so 1.5 hours later we finished our "quick" breakfast and headed to Zion. They say it is the prettiest place on earth. I'm certain it is at least in the top ten. There is no way you can visit this place without believing in creation and our Creator. Such majesty! We've had a really long week, but have seen the most amazing things. It is truly "America the Beautiful." I'll leave you with these scenes and fill in the missed days when I 'm not on a trail or in the car. |
No comments:
Post a Comment