Thank you for dropping by. I'm on another adventure. This is my fourth trip with Ferrell Jenkins -World Tours and it promises to be fantastic as always. This one is called Ancient Crossroads. We will visit several of the major regions of Paul's First Journey.
It was recommended that we start working on our internal clock the week before since we will be in a time zone that is 8 hours ahead my home time. I've been trying to get to bed early and get up early, but nothing prepares you for an alarm at 3:45 am. My travel to NYC went smoothly and I arrived 5.5 hours ahead of the international leg of the flight just to be safe. It was great to reconnect with a number of folks from across the country that I've traveled with several times before.
The first leg of the flight was to Munich. It was a 7 hour flight. The clock here says it's 8:30 am, but my watch says its 1:30 am. My body believes my watch! We have a 4 hour layover and then we have a "short" 3 hour flight to Ankara, Turkey. I'm looking forward to dinner and a good night's sleep!
Flying into Munich we passed over snow covered mountains and quaint towns with red roofs. Instead of the fields of red clay we see when flying into North Alabama, there is a beautiful patchwork with frequent squares of beautiful greenish yellow flowers. One of our tour mates thinks it may be safflower. The quality of the picture is really poor, but hopefully you will get the idea. Check back again tomorrow. I will have much more interesting sites to show you.
No comments:
Post a Comment